Care for your jewellery
Solid gold is a precious metal and will require cleaning from time to time. Use a soft cloth and carefully rub the gold surface until the tarnish is removed. Rinse the piece of jewellery thoroughly in warm water and dry.
Chlorine, bleach and other household cleaners/reagents should be avoided whenever possible as they will accelerate tarnishing and can also cause metal degradation over time.
Each piece of jewellery you receive is created with love and care. To keep your jewellery at its best, here are some simple tips for caring for your purchase:
- store each piece of jewellery in the pouches and boxes they come in. This will help to prevent scratches.
- apply beauty products such as perfume, hairspray or deodorant before wearing your jewellery as certain chemicals in these products may damage the finish.
- always remove your jewellery before swimming, bathing, when doing household chores or using abrasive cleaners.
- it is best not to subject your jewellery to acid based jewellery cleaners.
- for pearls and other organic stones, please avoid using chemicals of any kind in the cleaning process and inspect the stones at least yearly to make sure that your jewellery are in good condition.
- for strung pearls, it would be best to have your strand restrung every 1-2 years.
- make sure your jewellery is completely dry before storing.
These are the minimal basic care that needs to be applied to all jewellery pieces created in precious metals. Please feel free to contact us if you need more information.